2018 Swim Camp Week 1
June 3 - June 7, 2018
||Open to any and all entrants 9*-18
||$595 for Resident
||$495 for Commuter – includes lunch at Hillcrest Dining Hall (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
The University of Iowa Swimming Camps offer an intense and fun learning experience for kids 9* thru 18 years old (9 year olds are only permitted to attend with the commuter option and must stay off campus overnight). Head Coach Marc Long and his staff will instruct and demonstrate elite-level strokes, starts, and turns during your stay at camp.
- 2 to 3 training sessions daily.
- Instruction on stroke, starts and turns for all strokes.
- Individual analysis and evaluation on all strokes, starts and turns.
- Lectures on nutrition and mental preparation.
- Dryland conditioning and strength training.
- Campers who register at least 2 weeks prior to camp start date will receive 2 t-shirts and a swim cap.
- An intense yet FUN learning experience at one of the nation’s finest academic and athletic institutions.
- Evaluations with training tips on all four strokes.
- Future events to be hosted at CRWC Natatorium: 2017 USA Swimming Winter Junior Nationals, 2019 Men’s B1G Championships, 2020 Women’s B1G Championships.
- Nutrition presentation by University of Iowa Sports Nutritionist.
- *9 year olds are permitted to attend camp as commuters only.
What to Bring
- Swim Suit
- Tennis Shoes: For Dry Land Conditioning
- Work Out Shorts
Participants must also furnish their own towels and toiletry items. When not in a sports session, dress is casual, so bring along your favorite jeans or shorts and summer shirts. It is a good idea to bring extra spending money for soft drinks, snacks and video games. You may wish to bring an alarm clock and a small fan. We strongly discourage you from bringing any valuables to camp. The camp administration will not cash personal checks from campers. The University of Iowa is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.