Residence Halls Guidebook

Resident campers will be housed in Hillcrest and Slater residence halls during their stay at the University of Iowa. The University is pleased to make these housing facilities available to secondary students enrolled in Summer Sports Camps who are mature enough to live independently on campus with limited supervision. At least two Sports Camp counselors are housed on all occupied floors during your camper 's stay. The counselors will perform bed checks every night and wake up campers in the morning. There is a complete Residence Halls Guide Book available to download or call the office (319.335.7961) and we will be happy to mail you a copy. Hillcrest front desk offers a 24 hour attendant, and in the event of an emergency, you can call them at 319.335.9168, between the hours of 10 P.M. and 7:00 A.M.

Lost room key fees and any room damages billed to the University will be passed along to the camper. The current lost room key rate is $25.00.

Team or Group Housing Information

If you are coming to camp as a team or group, please fill out the Team Housing Form. This will enable us to assign rooms near each other and give you a compatible roommate, so your stay at camp will be enjoyable.

Residence Halls Guidebook Download Here
Team Housing Form Download Here


Additional Overnight Housing

If you need to arrive a day before your camp start date or stay a night after the camp has concluded, we offer housing for $75.00 per night, per camper. Meals and supervision are not included in the $75.00 fee. Meals are available within walking distance of the dormitories. Supervision by camp counselors begins at check-in and concludes at check-out.